The Government of Bihar set up the Buddha Smriti Park to commemorate the 2554th birthday celebration of Lord Buddha. It’s an urban oasis sprawling across a good part of twenty-two acres. The park’s highlight is 2 Bodhi trees, planted by the Dalai Lama, and that flank a sculpture of Lord Buddha.
This famous place is situated at opposite of the Mahavir Mandir on Frazer Road near Patna Junction. The aim of, the multi-purpose park is showcasing the life as well as teachings of Lord Buddha. This beautiful park includes a meditation center, the Pataliputra Karuna Stupa, a library with several publications on Buddhism, a museum and a Park of Memories.
The most visible feature of the park is the 200-ft-high Pataliputra Karuna Stupa, the circular structure. It’s numerous houses and entrances a historical object of Lord Buddha, among the eight original relics excavated from Vaishali, in a glass enclosure. The meditation center is founded on the plan of the Nalanda University monasteries. Along with artifacts, you can find audio-visual as well as multimedia presentations about the life span as well as the teachings of Buddha in the museum.
Some interesting facts:
1. The Buddha Smriti Park was inaugurated by the Tibetan religious guru 14th Dalai Lama on May twenty-seven, 2010. The bihar government set up this and on 2554th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gautam Buddha, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was present at the time of inauguration.
2. The attractive and grand park was created by architect Vikram.
3. Buddha Memorial Park has emerged as a fantastic modern-day park to recognize the lifestyle of Mahatma Buddha and the teachings of his.
4. It is a beautiful religious tourist location in which individuals experience peace within the captivating environment.
5. Buddha Smriti Park premises have Anand Bodhi Tree, 200-foot tall Patliputra Karuna Stupa, Meditation Center, Museum, Library, The statue, and Smriti Bagh of Lord Buddha.
How you can reach:
01 KM from Patna Junction Railway Station By Air: 6.4 KM from Jay Prakash Narayan Airport. You can work with public transportation or maybe book private cabs because of the commute.
Best Time to Visit:-
Buddha Smriti Park is a popular tourist destination. Visitors flock to this particular place in a significant number throughout the entire year. Every day is suitable to go to Buddha Smriti Park. The entry for this park is paid out for almost all adults.