History of Makar Sankranti
Sankranti is considered a Deity. According to the legend, Sankranti murdered a demon named Sankarasur. The day close to Makar Sankrant is called Karidin or Kinkrant. On this day, Devi slew the villain Kinkarasur. The data of Makar Sankranti is accessible in Panchang. The Panchang is the Hindu Almanac that gives data on the age, structure, dress, heading and development of Sankranti.
As per the DrikPanchaang, “The time between Makar Sankranti mela and 40 Ghatis from the hour of Makar Sankranti is viewed as useful for propitious work. This term of forty Ghatis is known as Punya Kaal. Sankranti exercises, such as cleaning up, offering Naivedhya (food offered to divinity) to Lord Surya, offering noble cause or Dakshina, performing Shraddha ceremonies, and breaking quick or Parana, ought to be finished during Punya Kaal. If Makar Sankranti occurs after Sunset, then all Punya Kaal exercises are delayed till the following Sunrise. Along these lines, all Punya Kaal exercises ought to be done in the day time.”
Importance of Makar Sankranti
According to the sacred writings, Dakshinayan represents the evening of god or the indication of cynicism. Uttarayan is considered an image of the day of God or an indication of energy. Since this day, the sun begins its excursion towards the north; thus, individuals take a heavenly plunge in Ganga, Godavari, Krishna, Yamuna River at sacred spots, and serenade mantras, and so on. Typically the sun influences all the zodiac signs; however, it is said that the section of the sun in the zodiac indication of Cancer and Capricorn strictly is extremely productive.
– Before Makar Sankranti mela, the sun is in the Southern Hemisphere. Hence, in India, in winter evenings are longer and days are more modest. However, with the Makar Sankranti, the sun begins its excursion towards Northern Hemisphere; thus, days will be longer and evenings more modest.
– Performing Haldi Kumkum function in a manner that conjures the rushes of tranquil Adi – Shakti in the Universe to get set off. This aide in creating an impression of Sagun’s dedication to an individual’s psyche and upgrades the Spiritual feeling to God.
Interesting Thing about Makar Sankranti Mela
In different districts of the country, Makar Sankranti is praised by different names.
– Lohri: One day before Makar Sankranti, Lohri is commended in India with energy primarily in Haryana and Punjab. Around evening time, individuals accumulate around the huge fire and toss until, puffed rice and popcorns into the huge fire’s flares. Petitions are offered to the huge fire looking for bounty and success.
– In Bihar, the Makar Sankranti celebration is known as Khichdi. On this day, giving urad, rice, gold, woollen garments, covers, and so on have their own significance.
– In Maharashtra, all wedded ladies give cotton, oil, and salt to other suhagin or wedded ladies on their first Sankrant.
– In Bengal, there is a convention of giving until after scrubbing down on Makar Sankrant. An immense reasonable is likewise coordinated each year in Gangasagar.
– Pongal: On the event of Makar Sankranti in Tamil Nadu, this celebration is commended as Pongal for four days.
– Kite Festival: In Gujarat, the kite celebration is coordinated on the event of Makar Sankranti.
Time to Celebrate
Makar Sankranti Mela is the date from which the toward the north development of the sun starts. The time frame from Karka Sankranti to Makar Sankranti is known as the Dakshinayan. It is normally celebrated around the fourteenth of January. On the event of Makar Sankranti, individuals offer their thanks towards India’s individuals over time by venerating the sun God in different structures. Any worthy deeds or gifts during this period builds up more productive.