The Sanjay Gandhi Biological Park or the Sanjay Gandhi Jaivik Udhyan, famous as Patna Zoo, is situated at Bailey Road in Patna. Thought about the green lung of the city, it was set up in 1969. A large lake in the center from where a few wilderness trails start, winding through the park. Together, they make this park an energizing and fun investigation experience for individuals.
The entire region of the Sanjay Gandhi Biological Park is around 153 sections of land, and it is difficult to see the whole park in a single visit. The park is famous for being home to the Royal Bengal tiger, other than types of brilliant feathered creatures, chimpanzees, the one-horned rhinoceros, lions, giraffes, zebras, elephants, a variation of monkeys, deer and hippopotamuses and so on.
The park is also houses an aquarium with more than 30 types of uncommon fish. It is situated in a lake on an artificial island. One needs to buy extra passage tickets for the aquarium. Different sights of intrigue incorporate a rose nursery, homegrown nursery, a greenhouse, a kids’ park, a lake, a treehouse, and a wilderness trail. There is a snake house also with around 30 variety of snakes. Separate historical centers for bats, turtles and owls are likewise in the offing. Visitors can similarly circumvent the recreation center in a five-compartment toy train that runs at standard spans. There is also the choice of sailing in the lake here.
It Is Known For:-
1) Sanjay Gandhi Jaivik Udyan or Patna Zoo is home to a wonderful collection of creatures and winged animals.
2) It gives a safe house to more than 800 mammalian species. It incorporates creatures like the panther, tiger, giraffe, Himalayan bear, blackbuck, elephant, chimpanzee, and so forth.
3) The reptiles like the gharial, crocodile, Indian stone python, and cobra likewise live in this zoo.
4) The avifauna incorporates the white peafowl, emu, ostrich, parakeet, kingfisher, and Brahminy hawk, and so forth.
5) The professional flowerbed inside the zoo premises is home to more than 300 types of trees, blossoms, herbs, and bushes.
How to reach:
Sanjay Gandhi Biological Park has situated a good ways off of about 4.5 km from Patna Railway Station. It can undoubtedly be gotten to utilizing open vehicles, including taxis and auto carts.
Best Time to Visit:-
Patna Zoo is a large group puller and gets consideration right away. The best ideal opportunity for visiting this zoo and greenhouse is between October-February. This season is well-suited to observe the wild animals.